• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto Accident At Fault or No Fault?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

KhalidA

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? NJ, Essex County, South Orange.
I don't know what to do after being in a car accident in this situation. Well let me begin with the senario and how it all happened. Around noon on Nov. 2nd. I was leaving college to go get something to eat, off campus. As approaching a stop sign, i came to a stop and had to make a left turn. There was a rather large landscaping truck parked on the corner of the street where i was making a left turn, parked next to a fire hydrant.
So in order to make the left turn i had to first start creeping up and trying to look past the truck to see if the road was clear. In a flash of a second, another car was passing the truck heading down the street and we collided.
To understand the view, I was heading North on a side street with a stop sign, the other car was travelling through the intersection goin East. The Truck was parked on that Eastbound street, at the corner on the right hand side in front of the fire hydrant.
We called the police and both the cars have suffered extensive damage, each car easily 3-4,000$ dollars. I have liability insurance so the damage on my car comes out of my pocket. The policemen at the scene had told me personally that I should def put the illegally parked large landscaping truck into consideration. It is even in the police report that truck parked illegeally so proving it is not a problem.
What do I go about doing to make that truck at fault for causing the Accident because of obstructing my view in the process of trying to make a left turn?
Note: I am heading in to pick up the police report on Nov. 3rd and sign for a ticket against the illegally parked truck as a first step to at least do something. This is also my first accident and I've got a clean license. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, Thank You - Khalid.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">