• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto accident happened!!!!!!!!!!1

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

Phyllis Whitley

What is the name of your state?

Alabama

My son let his sister borrow his car. She allowed her boyfriend to drive the car. Her boyfriend is elligible to reinstate his driver's license, but had not yet gotten the license reinstated.

My son's car was rear-ended. Only the back bumper was hurt. The person who rear-ended them had a lot of damage on his car.

How bad do you think my son's insurance company will penalize him for this accident?

Z

zappy

They will deny the claim since he had loaned the car to drivers who were not eligible to drive the car, PLUS to make matters even worse, your dumb azz daughter let an unlicsened driver drive the car...

So your dumb daughter really needs to pay up here. 'cause you KNOW the Idiot boyfriend aint gotz No money either!

But your son will probably lose his license, or have to get high risk expensive insurance.

sorry but this is trailer park stuff, how on earth did you raise your daughter to wind up with such LOSER?

HomeGuru

Originally posted by Phyllis Whitley

My son's car was rear-ended. Only the back bumper was hurt. How bad do you think my son's insurance company will penalize him for this accident?

**A: it depends on how badly hurt the back bumper was.

stephenk

if you make a claim against the other driver's insurance company, your son's insurance company wont care.

D

Danny Graves

Your son's insurance company should not care if the other person was at fault. Notice I said SHOULD NOT CARE. However, insurance companies take every opportunity to raise rates. This situation (car lending) certainly gives them opportunity. If they raise the rates, I would go to other insurance companies and get quotes. They probably will just care mostly about at-fault accidents when giving you a quote. They may ask about not-at-fault accidents but they probably won't dig deep enough to find out the details of car lending.

I would avoid getting my insurance involved if at all possible if it was clearly the other person's fault and they have insurance. If they did not have insurance, it gets more complicated!

This is just my non-lawyer opinion so don't rely on this information.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">