• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto accident help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

paperman

I was recently in an auto accident, blame was accepted by the driver. We both have the same insurance company.They impact was on the driver side.I have a 98 expedition and they hit the running board and went down the side of the vehicle.My vehicle had been hit years ago and repaired.The impact crushed the running board and cracked the previous body repair.I received 3 estimates and nobody will repair the damage they say to warranty the repair they must replace the rear qtr panel.No one will accept responsibility for coorecting over previous body work.MY DILEMA, the insurance company wants to pay me considerably lee than all the estimates claiming they should not be held responsible for replacing the rear qtr panel.I do not want to accept their offer, I want my truck back the way it was previous to the wreck! What are my options??Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

paperman said:
I was recently in an auto accident, blame was accepted by the driver. We both have the same insurance company.They impact was on the driver side.I have a 98 expedition and they hit the running board and went down the side of the vehicle.My vehicle had been hit years ago and repaired.The impact crushed the running board and cracked the previous body repair.I received 3 estimates and nobody will repair the damage they say to warranty the repair they must replace the rear qtr panel.No one will accept responsibility for coorecting over previous body work.MY DILEMA, the insurance company wants to pay me considerably lee than all the estimates claiming they should not be held responsible for replacing the rear qtr panel.I do not want to accept their offer, I want my truck back the way it was previous to the wreck! What are my options??Any help would be greatly appreciated!

My response:

Why did you feel it was necessary to delete the State Name question? Why didn't you answer it?

IAAL

P

paperman

This was my first post I thought that was there by error,I am from Georgia.Thanks

P

paperman

Can someone please offer some advice I must meet with the insurance adjuster soon!! Thanks

A

anadude

if their offer doesn't satisfy you, then you'll need an attorney, but it will be hard to find one on a contigency bases for only property damage, not personal injuries.

spawn_x

Everything can be done.

Find a couple high-class "expensive" bodyshops and see what they say.

Once you do that, get 3 estimates from 3 different places. If the quarter panel NEEDS to be replaced (don't see why though, but I'm sure I'm missing something), then include that in the estimate.

If the insurance company refuses to pay, take the DRIVER to small claims court (assuming the amount is within the limits). After the judge awards you that amount the insurance company will have to pay...

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">