• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto accident insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

swatus

What is the name of your state? CA

Hello, Admin ! I have a question about auto accident insurance. Ok, the accident happened over 1 year ago. I was making a left turn on the yellow light and the oncoming car hit my car on the right second passenger door. After that, we pull our car and call the police. Then, we exchanged information each others with police. My car can not move but the car which hit my car still can move with no damage at all because "that man" (the man hit my car) bought his car from used police car, it still have a steel guard in front of his car. That's why his car still can run after that accident.

Speaking of police report, the police didn't say who fault was and I did not get any fine ticket. We just exchange insurance information and that's it. There is no injury, no passenger at that time.

After that, my car insurance contacted with me about the accident. The most important thing I need to tell you. At that time, I was driving my dad's car and my dad is only person who have insurance for this car. That means the car has insurance but it's not mine. I was 21 at that time.

I talked with my dad's car insurance and they told me that i'm not the person in their cover. After that, they immediately closed my dad's insurance with them. It look like they try to run of responsibility. Can they do that ?

Ok, here is problem with the insurance company of the man who hit my car (Mercury Insurance Company). They sent me a letter to ask me insurance information about the accident and I filled out to send back to them. And now, over 1 year they sent me a letter to ask me about insurance information but this time it includes "amount of damage". They ask me reply them within 15 days to pay for that damage or the matter will be referred to their legal department. What should I do ?

Please help me answer it as soon as possible. Thank you very much. Have a good day.

Jacob.

Last edited:

seniorjudge

swatus said:
What is the name of your state? CA

Hello, Admin ! I have a question about auto accident insurance. Ok, the accident happened over 1 year ago. I was making a left turn on the yellow light and the oncoming car hit my car on the right second passenger door. After that, we pull our car and call the police. Then, we exchanged information each others with police. My car can not move but the car which hit my car still can move with no damage at all because "that man" (the man hit my car) bought his car from used police car, it still have a steel guard in front of his car. That's why his car still can run after that accident.

Speaking of police report, the police didn't say who fault was and I did not get any fine ticket. We just exchange insurance information and that's it. There is no injury, no passenger at that time.

After that, my car insurance contacted with me about the accident. The most important thing I need to tell you. At that time, I was driving my dad's car and my dad is only person who have insurance for this car. That means the car has insurance but it's not mine. I was 21 at that time.

I talked with my dad's car insurance and they told me that i'm not the person in their cover. After that, they immediately closed my dad's insurance with them. It look like they try to run of responsibility. Can they do that ?

Ok, here is problem with the insurance company of the man who hit my car (Mercury Insurance Company). They sent me a letter to ask me insurance information about the accident and I filled out to send back to them. And now, over 1 year they sent me a letter to ask me about insurance information but this time it includes "amount of damage". They ask me reply them within 15 days to pay for that damage or the matter will be referred to their legal department. What should I do ?

Please help me answer it as soon as possible. Thank you very much. Have a good day.

Jacob.

You need a lawyer a year ago.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">