• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto accident and insurance company won't pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kwsbtrfly

I was hit by another car in 7/00, and I live in NH. She cut me off at a green light by turning on front of me while I was going straight. There is no doubt who is at fault.
I fractured my left wrist, my right ankle (which has not healed yet) and injured my shoulder. My doctor does not know exactly why my ankle has not healed, and suspects there may be nerve damage.The doctor who treated me for the accident is also my orthopaedic doctor, and has said that at the one year mark, he will determine if there is permanent damage.
My attorney has attempted to get the other party's insurance company to pay advance monies because I am financially destitute. They have refused on more than one occassion. I cannot pay any of my bills, I was forced to move back home (which at 30 is no easy task) because I am single with no spousal support, and have suffered emotional stress due to my injuries. I cannot work to this day, can't do much of anything. I used to be highly active and social before this all happened.
The state has denied me financial and medical assistance because NH requires you to be disabled for at least 4 years. I am awaiting a Social Security hearing for disability. That won't happen until at least July according to the attorney.
What I want to know is can I sue the girl personally, or only the insurance companby. It does not seem fair that my life has been destroyed, and she has no responsibility except for a $72 ticket. I have over 15K in medical bills and over 20K in lost wages.
Also, is there anything my attorney isn't telling me about getting the insurance to pay? Will permanent injuries play a part in the settlement. He told me that we cannot get naything more than the policy. Is that true, or can I sue her for more?

Any help would be great.

Kris W

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

1. Where is your auto insurance, and why haven't they paid anything toward your medicals ?

2. You have an attorney. Why isn't your attorney answering these basic questions ?

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">