• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto Accident (insurance denying claim)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

chad77

I was involved in a accident in which I was cited for failure to yield at a intersection, since the other driver was not cited I assume that I will be deemed at fault. My insurance company is denying this claim because there saying my payment for that month was postmarked 1 day to late. I know for a fact this in untrue but don't have anyway to prove it because I wrote them a check and like they said there's no way for me to prove when the envelope was postmarked. My question is, Will I be liable for the damages, could I lose my license and registration, and how would the insurance company go about collecting these damages if I don't really have any assests?

racer72

What insurance company do you deal with, Mutual of Podunk? Most insurance companies have grace periods and will still honor claims unless you decided to mail in your payment the day after the accident and you were a couple weeks late. If that is the case, plan to pay up.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">