• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

auto accident law suit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

seeking info

my 21 yr. old son borrowed my toyota celica station wagon, and had an accident, hitting a sm. gmc dump truck. he stated the driver of gmc cut him off, and he was not at fault. no tickets issued, but the other driver moved his vehicle from the site, before police came. my son followed him till he stopped. now he is suing both of us for 5.5 million. my son has had/has his own ins. and vehicle at the time. my insurnace only covers 100,000 for each acc., i only have the minimal ins. cov in new york state because of price and age of vehicle. the gmc drivers ins. co. paid me the book value of my car because it was totaled. this claim is for all sorts of phys/mental damages as well as his wife for lack of sevices ect. i'm sure you know the type of suit.

will the insurance co.help with a lawyer?
will my home be involved?
should i be concerned enough to get a lawyer?

TCB4U2B2B

Hello seeking info

What the pending law suite against you asks for could be 5.5 million, 5.5 zillion and/or the moon in writting. What the actual amount is may be preset into the law of your state, based upon the facts of the case.

Your insurance company will only pay up to the limits of the policy or policies.

Will the insurance company help you with a lawyer. NO!
Insurance companies are only interested in their own best interests.

Will your home be involved. Possibly. Depends on several factors, if a case goes to court and the outcome of the actions. Great reason to have the maximum insurance protection possible regardless of premium costs.

Should you seek the advice of an attorney. Based soley upon the information you provided, of which I have no doubts is accurate, YES, do seek the advice of an attorney.

Regards and Good Luck.
TCB4U2B2B
A Guiding Light Out Of The Darkness.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">