• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto Accident Liability

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

joyensf

My 50 year old brother, who stays with my Mother in her house, rolled his truck and did damage to someones property. He does not have insurance. Can the owners of the property put a lien on my Mother's property? Can my Mother be made liable in any way. Her name is not on the car title. The house is in her name only (actually the house is in a trust in her name). Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Can the owners of the property put a lien on my Mother's property? Can my Mother be made liable in any way.

My response:

Oh, they'll try to - - but, no. You're Mom is not liable.

Look at it this way : If your brother lived in an apartment, could someone sue the apartment owner for your brother's misdeeds ?

Of course not.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">