• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto Accident - Mailbox damage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

Pvermillion

I had a accident a few weeks ago caused by ice and snow on the roads. I ran over a persons mailbox (box and post). I have recently contacted the person to see if there is anything i could do to help repair/replace the mailbox. The person amazingly came up with a cost for me to pay of $75.00. I want to know if i am responsible to pay for a upgraded mailbox (Big, hard plastic one) compaired to the small one you attached to a post (Cost at the most 15.00). I was going to ask her for the estimates that she received to replace this mailbox, but...comeon..it is a mailbox! They didn't have an installer install it, i believe her husband installed it. I feel this price is way to high for a mailbox and need to find a way to settle this problem without paying this outradgous price.

Any advise would be helpful.
Patty

You owe them for the replacement of the same type of mail box and post you damaged. Go to a home improvement store and get an estimate and offer to pay that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">