• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto Accident, No Insurace

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tblevi4

What is the name of your state? OH

I was involved in an automobile collision on Monday and unfortunately had no insurance due to losing my job 2 months ago. I had just started calling around the Friday before to get quotes for auto insurance so I could get it started back up...however, a dollar short and a day late. My car was totaled in the accident with about $9k damage. And the other vehicle was towed away from the scene and I have not heard how much the estimate is on that vehicle yet. Does anyone know the law as far as paying back the other car's repairs. The truck belonged to a major company here in Cincinnati. I have been told that my license would be suspended until the truck was paid for in full, and I have also heard that I could make payments on the repairs and obtain my license back after the suspension. Please advise! Helpless in Cincinnati!!!

G

gooberitiz

too bad you should have learned about cincinatti's mass transit system when your insurance ran out...aka BUSSES.

Yes you license will be suspended, and you will have to pay the damages, as long as you are at fault. you probably would have to file for bankruptcy since you would have no way to pay it off.

Alex02

FILL OUT A SR-2 FORM and your Liscense may not be suspended!!! Either i fell through the cracks but mine did not get suspended...

I'm going through the same thing your going through RIGHT NOW. Just that my accident happend last year on december..Was the other driver injured??

Either you will pay it off in full or they will hire a collection agency to collect the money from you and youll have to work with them. A lot of people that dont have insurance often dont have the money to pay off the repairs so they will probly give you a settlement offer. Or if they dont make sure you offer one. Either that or you can go through bankruptcy to refresh your slate and discharge the debt but thats mainly if you cant pay it off and if you decide your willing to go through bankruptcy. If you caused the other driver an injury youll have to pay for that as well..............

G

gooberitiz

FILL OUT A SR-2 FORM and your Liscense may not be suspended!!! Either i fell through the cracks but mine did not get suspended...
=====================

every state is different alex, some states its automatic suspension of 6 months to a year, others if you fill sr 2 or sr22 or whatever # it is, State Responsibilty form and get high risk insurance at double or triple what you were paying before, then if you keep up the payments to the party AND the expensive insurance, you will get to keep your license...

but miss a payment and you are screwed!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">