• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

auto accident with no insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dyates

Ilive in california and was involved in accident that was not my fault. My insurance was expired at the time of the accident. The person that was involved in the accident had insurance. I contacted the other person's insurance, so they could replace my car since my car I believe is totaled. They sent a insurance ajustor to my home. I was under the impression that it was to look at my car and make a estimate fair market value for my car. The adjustor went to the scene of the accident before he came to my home to take my account of the accident. He never looked at my car while during our appointment. I was asked if medical treatment was needed and since my daughter was the passenger she was asked the same question. Can you tell me the California law regarding having a accident but not possesing auto insurance. I feel they are doing just enough to meet california code for auto insurance . How do I get the insurance company to pay my claim. because i didn't have insurance are the other person's insurance not liable for a replacement car. Where can I go to find regulations involving the ca code for auto accidents.

diane yates

D

dj1

HEY DIANE:

If you didnt have insurance at the time of the accident, UNLESS the driver was ticketed, you will have to get a lawyer and sue....

And their insurance company is not responsible for paying you a dime. the adjuster is looking for anyway to get out of paying you.

And you were stupid to talk to them without a lawyer, so dont expect anything...

Unless the driver is found guilty of a traffic violation, or was drunk, you will have a long fight on your hands.

OH and the driver can also fight paying you too, WHY?

In most insurance policies if you pay a claim to another driver even if you are NOT at fault the insurance compnay has a right to increase your premiums , and can make you lose your safe drivers rate...so the policy holder has a lot at stake NOT TO PAY YOU .

Guess you have lernd a very very expensive lesson.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">