• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto Accident. Not my fault. Other insurance won't pay.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BravoTango

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? CA

My 6x8 foot utility trailer and truck were parked.

A commerial truck and trailer hit my trailer which then tore the axle off the frame making it undrivable. It was towed to a repair facility by the commercial trucks towing service.

I contacted the driver of the commercial truck and told him to pullover. He said "OK" and then drove 5 more blocks, making multiple right and left turns until I caught up with him at a redlight. He was fleeing the scene. Hit and run.

I asked him for his license and he said either he didn't have one or he didn't have it on him.

He gave me a name and CA drivers license #. I don't know if it's his real name or an alias.

I contacted his dispatch office who told me to contact their third party adminstrator (TPA) who handles such matters.

I explained the circumstances and they told me to do whatever it takes to make things right and that I would be reimbursed for all damages.

The trailer contained gear which I sell for income and was the home for my two dogs.

I had to get a rental truck to house my two dogs and some of the gear in the trailer so I could continue to earn money.

I had to put my primary truck in storage because I cannot drive two vehicles at one time and the streets are unsafe.

Due to major stuctural damages to trailer, ie axle torn off at frame, I purchased a replacment trailer 10 days later.

TPA says they want to repair the trailer but nobody will gurantee the stuctural integrity of the damaged then repaired trailer in the future if something breaks.

I thought a replacement trailer would solve all these problems.

Third party admistrator is refusing to pay for rental truck, replacement trailer, dog examination by vet, cell phone calls...

How can I get them to pay for the damages they have caused and the bills I am incurring because of this accident?

I need help.

All the charges have been put on my credit card and it's near maximum and I need the room to pay for my personal charges, ie rent, insurance, food, medical...

Any advice please?

I can answer more questions if you have any.

Thanks.

Lynx 36

BravoTango said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? CA

My 6x8 foot utility trailer and truck were parked.

A commerial truck and trailer hit my trailer which then tore the axle off the frame making it undrivable. It was towed to a repair facility by the commercial trucks towing service.

I contacted the driver of the commercial truck and told him to pullover. He said "OK" and then drove 5 more blocks, making multiple right and left turns until I caught up with him at a redlight. He was fleeing the scene. Hit and run.

I asked him for his license and he said either he didn't have one or he didn't have it on him.

He gave me a name and CA drivers license #. I don't know if it's his real name or an alias.

I contacted his dispatch office who told me to contact their third party adminstrator (TPA) who handles such matters.

I explained the circumstances and they told me to do whatever it takes to make things right and that I would be reimbursed for all damages.

The trailer contained gear which I sell for income and was the home for my two dogs.

I had to get a rental truck to house my two dogs and some of the gear in the trailer so I could continue to earn money.

I had to put my primary truck in storage because I cannot drive two vehicles at one time and the streets are unsafe.

Due to major stuctural damages to trailer, ie axle torn off at frame, I purchased a replacment trailer 10 days later.

TPA says they want to repair the trailer but nobody will gurantee the stuctural integrity of the damaged then repaired trailer in the future if something breaks.

I thought a replacement trailer would solve all these problems.

Third party admistrator is refusing to pay for rental truck, replacement trailer, dog examination by vet, cell phone calls...

How can I get them to pay for the damages they have caused and the bills I am incurring because of this accident?

I need help.

All the charges have been put on my credit card and it's near maximum and I need the room to pay for my personal charges, ie rent, insurance, food, medical...

Any advice please?

I can answer more questions if you have any.

Thanks.
If the trailer is repairable they will not pay f/ a new one. If your truck was not damaged they will not pay to rent a truck either. They should pay f/ exams on the dogs if they were in the trailer when it got hit. They will not pay cell phone useage.

The only thing you would have a shot at collecting would be the vet bills. Basiclly if you aren't satisfied w/ what their insurance co. is offering you, you can sue the driver and owner in court.

BravoTango

Keep in mind, the repair shop said they could replace the axle which was torn off the trailer in the accident, but nobody will gurantee the future structural integrity of the trailer.

I do not want to assume the responsiblity/liability of a trailer which could have stuctural components damaged and are unnoticed and fail at a future time causing an accident.

That is why I bought a replacement trailer. It's only approx $2,000.

The rental truck is to house the 2 dogs and some of the contents of the trailer so I could continue to sell in order to make an income.

I could not keep the two dogs in the cab or camper shell compartment of my compact truck, it's against the law. Temperature increases can kill them and there is insufficient room.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">