• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto Accident - other driver has no insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cdf

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? Arizona

My son was driving his fiance's car (she gave him permission). He was hit by another driver who got two tickets. One for turning left in front of him, the other for having no proof of insurance. We have found out that the registered owner is the mother of the person who him. The mother has insurance on another vehicle, but the daughter (the person who hit my son) has no insurance. My son's fiance only has liability insurance. The car that hit my son is registered in Colorado where the mother lives. All parties are over 18. Can there be a claim made against the mothers insurance - even though it is for a different vehicle? Or is sueing them the only recource? If we have to sue them, would my son's fiance need to sue or can my son and would we name both the registered owner of the vehicle and the driver?? Thanks.

stephenk

if you are sure the car is not a covered vehicle under the owner's policy, your only recourse is to sue the other driver and the owner (mom).

your son can sue for his damages and the fiance would need to sue for the damage to her car.

does your son's fiance have uninsured motorist coverage?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">