• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto accident on persons property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lalaqt

I live in Tennessee by memphis. I was going to pick up my stepdaughter from her mothers house, they live up an incline, and the driveway is dirt. I have told her several times i dont like to drive on her driveway as i dont think it is safe and i dont want to get stuck. One night I drove up to drop off my stepdaughter and on the way back down i slid off the driveway and the front drivers side tire got stuck in a 3ft rut on the side of the driveway, it had to be pulled out by a tow truck. I have experienced damages to the steering since that. I am wondering if they or their homeowners insurance can be held responsible for the damages to my truck. I appreciate any help i can get thank you

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

lalaqt said:
I live in Tennessee by memphis. I was going to pick up my stepdaughter from her mothers house, they live up an incline, and the driveway is dirt. I have told her several times i dont like to drive on her driveway as i dont think it is safe and i dont want to get stuck. One night I drove up to drop off my stepdaughter and on the way back down i slid off the driveway and the front drivers side tire got stuck in a 3ft rut on the side of the driveway, it had to be pulled out by a tow truck. I have experienced damages to the steering since that. I am wondering if they or their homeowners insurance can be held responsible for the damages to my truck. I appreciate any help i can get thank you
My response:

Simple answer : No.

It was you that chose to use the driveway. No one forced you. Also, you were driving and are imbued, by law, to maintain control over your vehicle. This, despite the fact that you had previous trepidations about using the driveway, does not bode well for you.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">