• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto Accident (Repair vs. Replacement Car)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

3dml

I leased a new car about a year ago (new 2000 Corvette Convertible). I was involved in an accidennt(October 2000)4 months (~4,300 miles) into the lease term. The car is STILL not fixed 100% and has been in and out of the shop for a couple of months total time. There are many cosmetic, structural, and electrical problems that I fear will NEVER get fixed right. The car is not "fitting" together correctly. Structurally it appears as though there is probably much more damage than they thought (originaly they said there was NONE) since the body parts, dash, seams, etc do not "fit" straight, evenly or tight. In addition, the computerized safety features on the car (traction control, etc.) are not functioning 100% of the time!. The new dash "overlaps" the air-bag compartment instead of fitting flush, etc., etc. I do NOT feel "safe" in the car and do NOT "trust" it anymore. The repair shop (one of a VERY limited few authorized to work on this car) has agreed with all of my claims and wants to just keep "trying". The problem is that giving them the car to try usually results in not having the car for a couple of months and then getting it back with even MORE problems than it went in with! Where is the line drawn for repairing vs. replacing with a new car? Who draws this "line"? What rights do I have? Can I get a new car?
The car is leased. Thanks
Mark

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">