• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto Accident rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wancarrow

State: Maryland
I was rearended, insurance company of driver that his me admitts their client was at fault. My car was declared a total loss. However, the insurance company is claiming the value of my car is half the value I get when checking Kelly Bluebook, Edmonds, and N.A.D.A. What are my rights?

My other question. I'm am self employed and have spent considerable time on this accident. Numerous phone calls that I have documented, trips to have my car appraised (2 times), time at a hospital getting x-rays, etc. I had soreness and headaches for several days (I'm fine now). Am I entitled to time my lost work and vacation time and comensation for pain and suffering?

Thank you!

wancarrow

TotalLossBS

I ran into the same exact issue. Check your classifieds daily for comparables. Internet ads don't hurt either. Keep on insisting that the vehicle is worth more, and if you can prove it (with comparable ads) you should get what it's worth. It took 2 1/2 months of insisting and working our way up the "chain of command", but we finally got our settlement increased.

At least the insurance company is admitting their insured drivers fault. Imagine getting rearended and your claim refused. There really are some brilliant people out there, I tell ya.

zippysgoddess

Yes, you will have to fight them on it if you want them to raise the settlement offer, you will have to find information on other same/similar cars in your area and what their selling price is at this time.

Insurance companies do not give you Blue Book value, they are only required to give you Fair Market Value, so they figure in depreciation, usage and etc. when making their offer.

Bonedoc

No problem!!!

I would say, just contact an PI attorney and see how things fall in order,you will be amazed!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">