• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto accident Sept 2001

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

meseke5

Illinois, I had a accident in Sept 2001. Teenager rearended me and I have about 7000 dollars in doctor bills. The attorney that I contracted with has left the law firm that he was with. Now I find out that he hadn't done anything on this case that was supposed to be done. I had a depostion in Feb of 2003 and He was asked for copies of my medical records in May of 2003 which he didn't do. He also purposed a settlement offer without my authority. Now the office which he left tells me that they will be lucky if they can even get my medical bills paid. The attorney I spoke with states that he doesn't have time to pursue this because my attorney has left him such a mess...My question is, do I get another attorney to handle this accident? And also, what are my legal rights as far as my case not being handled the right way?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">