• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto Accident sort of

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mmemly

Auto accident sort of

I took my KIA to the dealer to check the catalytic converter. While there they also took care of a couple of open recalls. Normal procedure. While on the test drive they got into an accident. Not one that had anything to do with the service that was preformed. Just routine test drive after work preformed. The service tec was not injured(thank goodness) The accident was as follows: Tec in my car was driving down the road and saw the tow truck off the right side with his lights on. The tec didn't see the cable strung across the road to the dodge colt being pulled out of a driveway. There were no flares, cones, triangles or any other safety devices to warn traffic of the cable strung across the road. The tec hit the cable, moving the tow truck 8 feet, blowing the left front tire on my car, damaging the rim, and swinging the dodge colt around into the left side of my car. taking out the back door, left quarter panel, bumper, and tail light. This is the visible damage at this time. What do you recomend? This happened on Friday afternoon. We hope to contact legal advice monday morning but are rather concerned about our rights and what to do next. State of Alaska

[Edited by mmemly on 01-21-2001 at 08:37 PM]

racer72

Your vehicle was in possesion of the dealer and they are responsible for all costs. It will be up to the dealer and the towing company to hash out the details. Ask the dealer for a loaner while your car is out of commision. None of the accident was you fault, it should not cost you a thing.

M

mmemly

reply, Accident sort of

Thanks! My major concern begins with the fact that my vehicle is now devalued due to the accident. There will be several major body parts replaced, it will have 'been in an accident'. My vehicle had never been in an accident, I would not buy a vehicle that had been in an accident. Is it acceptable to suffer that loss? Yes a loaner will will be lined up this coming week. The first offer of a loaner was not a 'like' vehicle. I drive an SUV for many reasons up here in AK, I am not comfortable in a regular car. We are more than willing to wait till a 'like' vehicle is available for our use within reason. Appreciate your input.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">