• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

auto accident w/fatality

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bbruno08

What is the name of your state? pennsylvania

Question that maybe someone can help with, in 2000/2001 my fiance who I didnt know yet was involved in an accident where an elderly man did not stop at a stop sign, he then hit a car which in turn was broadsided by my fiance, the driver of this vehicle was killed, my fiance severely injured and basically not a scratch on the elderly man. It was found out that the lederly man had been diagnosed w/dementia, to make a long story short the deceaseds wife sued everyone and won a sttlement. Now 3-4 yrs. later she is suing the elderly mans doctor because his son had said the doctor said in both their presence it was ok to drive, doctor denies this, my fiance has been subpoened to testify by the doctors attorneys why we dont know. At the time of the accident my fiance was told she couldnt sue the doctor because the accident happened in PA and the elderly man and his doctor were from NJ. Is this correct and has statue of limitations run out? If not can something be done also does she have to go to court even though she lives just under the 100 miles rule of having to appear, 98.5 to be exact. The only cited at the accident was the elderly man who has since died. Sorry it was so long but any help would be great

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">