• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto Accident w/ Injuries

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

barebonz

florida

i'll try to be concise
my 22 year old daughter who lives away from home was involved in an auto accident last week.
approx. 5 pm she stopped her truck at the intersection.
she continued to make a right turn against a red light.
while making the turn she and a pedestrian collided
the pedestrian was injured and bayflighted to the hospitol.
there were several whitneses that gave the poice statements.
the police report states that my daughter ran over the pedestrian and did not yeald the right of way.
whitnesses at the scene told my daughter that the pedestrian walked into the side of her truck and confirmed that she did come to a complete stop at the light.
my daughters insurance company told her that they have been contacted by the pedestrians lawyer.
my daughter has her own insurance coverage that is not attached to me
my wifes name is on her savings and checking accounts and we use the same bank.
questions:
1 does she need to secure a lawyer
2 doesnt my daughters pip insurance cover her against personel liability
3 are my bank accounts accessable in case of a law suit
since my wifes name is on my daughters accounts

thank you for any help.

In your attempt to be concise you failed to state what type of coverage your daughter carried.

If she only has the Florida minimum (PIP/PD), her carrier will not be able to provide an attorney in the event she is sued for bodily injury (BI). PIP is not liability coverage. Under the Florida PIP statute, if the pedestrian did not own a car and does not live with a relative insured for PIP, then your daughter's PIP will pay for all the medical expenses up to the policy limits, regardless of fault.

If she has BI then the carrier will defend her in court. If not then she may want to speak with a lawyer. Due to your daughter's age they can only go after her money.

I hpoe she got the names and addresses of the person's who saw the pedestrian walk into her car.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">