• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

auto accident/whose fault

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ashabar

What is the name of your state? Texas

My husband was in an accident on his way home from work. It was at night and it was raining. As he was entering a highway in the merging lane the person in front of him changed lanes but then thier car began to skid on the wet ground and came back into my husband's lane hitting the side of our car and causing a lot of damage. The police didn't do a report because there were no injuries but now the other person has hired a PI lawyer.

Was this accident my husband's fault at all? If not we shouldn't be liable for this new claim of injury should we?

Sorry my post is so long, just wanted to get out the details.

racer72

Your husband needs an attorney too. He will be an easy target without one. From your description, your husband did nothing wrong.

Ashabar

Thank you for the reply. I hope the adjusters see it that way. We have an attorney currently, we are still working on the accident we were in a year ago in which I was injured so I guess she could help us out with this one as well.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">