• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

auto accident woes

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

debkay

Hello. I reside in TX. I was involved in an auto accident on November 18. I was stopped at a red light in the left hand turn lane. Two other vehichles collided. One spun out of control & hit me creaming the driver's side of my van. Luckily no one was seriously injured in accident. I have some neck & back pain on my left side. Neither of the other 2 drivers was ticketed. The driver #1 made a left turn in front of diver #2 but was not ticketed for failure to yield right of way. Drivr #1 does not have insurance. Driver #2 was speeding. Driver #2 was also driving a city vehichle and is covered under city insurance.
I have my own auto insurance; including uninsured motorist.
Am I liable to pay for my own repairs or my insurance company since neither of the other drivers was ticketed?
What about the deductible for my uninsured motorist on my policy?
Any information would be greatly appreciated.
thanks
debkay

If you have physical damage coverage on your van then you should go through your carrier for the repairs. You will incure your deductable. Your company will subrogate against the other drivers. In the subrogation process they will attempt to recover what the paid plus your deductable. Since driver #1 was turning left and #2 was speeding #1 sucks up about 75% of the claim. Unfortunately for you he has no coverage. If #1 was driving a transportation special even taking him to court will only manage to get him to pay a few dollars a month until you and your company are paid off. Your carrier will have a tough time with the risk managers from the city and what they get from them won't be enough. Bottom line is that you are out your deductable and out of pocket expenses, at least for a while.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">