• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto accident in Wyoming

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jleach

I was rear-ended on Mrach 3, 2001. There was miminal damage to my car, none to the woman who hit me. She addmitted being at fault. The decision was made to handle this accident without involving the insurance company. She gave me a check for $500.00 and agreed to pay the balance of the repair bill. The auto body estimate was for 697.00. I have since found out she had assumed the identiy of her mentally disabled daughter, signed the daughters name on the daughters check and stopped payment the following day. I understand that an auto accident in Wyoming does'nt have to be reported if damages are under $1000.00. Do I have any recourse? Thank you.

racer72

This is an example of why all auto accidents, no matter how small, should be reported. Even if you do not want the insurance companies involved, the accident should still be reported. You should report the accident and the misrepresentation to the police. You will probably have to sue in small claims court to be paid for the damage too.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">