• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto AccidentJudgement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tombnj

I have a judgement against me for an accident I was in over 30 years ago in New Jersey.Is there a statute of limitations on this and if not will the New Jersey Unsatisfied claim and judgement fund board accept less money to satisfy this case ?

Thanks
Tom B.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

tombnj said:
I have a judgement against me for an accident I was in over 30 years ago in New Jersey.Is there a statute of limitations on this and if not will the New Jersey Unsatisfied claim and judgement fund board accept less money to satisfy this case ?

Thanks
Tom B.
My response:

The S.O.L. on judgments in NJ is 14 years. If they have never collected from you in that amount of time, and you never made a payment on the judgment in that time, then they are out of luck. They can't collect from you.

However, if you did make any payments on that judgment, then the clock starts all over again from the date of your last payment.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">