• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto Accidents

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bonehead

My sister lives in Chicago, Illinois. Her husband was coming from a friends house in the state of Indiana when he according to the police report ran a red light. He was hit in the rear tail light area by a motorist coming from his right side.

My question is, how can my brother-in-law be at fault (even though he ran the red light) when he was in a indirect way struck in the rear?

What is classified as a rear end accident?

Last question, does my brother-in-law have any legal rights with the state of Indiana?

LegalBeagle

bonehead said:
My sister lives in Chicago, Illinois. Her husband was coming from a friends house in the state of Indiana when he according to the police report ran a red light. He was hit in the rear tail light area by a motorist coming from his right side.

My question is, how can my brother-in-law be at fault (even though he ran the red light) when he was in a indirect way struck in the rear?

What is classified as a rear end accident?

Last question, does my brother-in-law have any legal rights with the state of Indiana?
Your kidding right ? He ran a red light and was hit by traffic that had a green light.. and just because he was hit at the rear of the car you think this other guy might be at fault ?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">