• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto Claim filed against me?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

biglaz

What is the name of your state? WI

I was involved in an accident a while back where my vehicle rear-ended another vehicle at very slow speeds. The police arrived and saw there was no damage to either vehicle and said there would be no report.

A couple days later, the other driver is claiming to me that there's $500 worth of damage to her vehicle. I felt the damage could possibly be from our accident, so I told her I would just pay the dealer to repair her car. After going back and forth many times, basically it came down to she would only accept cash from me or go through my insurance. I told her no to both, and even worked it out with the dealership where they would verify my check before she brought the vehicle in for repairs, but this still wasn't acceptable to the other driver. She called my insurance agent 3 times trying to file a claim, but my agent told her no because I did not want a claim filed. So this person then called the central insurance office and somehow filed a claim against me. I do not want this to go through insurance, and it would've been taken care of long ago if she wasn't so unreasonable.

Any thoughts? Thanks :)

seniorjudge

biglaz said:
What is the name of your state? WI

I was involved in an accident a while back where my vehicle rear-ended another vehicle at very slow speeds. The police arrived and saw there was no damage to either vehicle and said there would be no report.

A couple days later, the other driver is claiming to me that there's $500 worth of damage to her vehicle. I felt the damage could possibly be from our accident, so I told her I would just pay the dealer to repair her car. After going back and forth many times, basically it came down to she would only accept cash from me or go through my insurance. I told her no to both, and even worked it out with the dealership where they would verify my check before she brought the vehicle in for repairs, but this still wasn't acceptable to the other driver. She called my insurance agent 3 times trying to file a claim, but my agent told her no because I did not want a claim filed. So this person then called the central insurance office and somehow filed a claim against me. I do not want this to go through insurance, and it would've been taken care of long ago if she wasn't so unreasonable.

Any thoughts? Thanks :)
Any thoughts?

She was tired of messing with you and filed a claim.

moburkes

InsuranceLadyAZ said:
Your agent was incorrect in telling her she couldn't file a claim against you. I guess he missed that day at insurance school...
That is a silly thing for the agent to say. Their loss history must be horrible and they're trying to contain it by the end of the year. Bonuses are coming up!

moburkes said:
That is a silly thing for the agent to say. Their loss history must be horrible and they're trying to contain it by the end of the year. Bonuses are coming up!
We certainly have our share of shady folks in this industry.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">