• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto Collision Statue of Limitations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Cyntia

I was rear-ended approx. 1.5 years ago in Delaware. The other driver was liable and his insurance company paid for my new bumper. But I had to pay deductible and forfeit vacation time. Is it too late to ask for compensation for the deductible?

X

Xjudge

Why did you have to pay for a deductable for the insurance of the responsible party? There should be no deductable for the victim of an auto accident. The deductable should only apply to the collision and comprehensive of a policy, that is used when the insured has repairs made to their own vehicle. You most likely cannot obtain reimbursement for the lost vaction time but you should definitely seek compensation for the deductable. You can use small claims court and you are well within any statute of limitations period.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">