• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto Death

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lam817

What is the name of your state? Texas

My grandson was killed in a auto accident. The driver hit the car my grandson was a passenger in. The driver got a DWI. The driver has no assets. The driver insurance "Liabaility Bodily Injury" was the minimum for Texas.
The ins company has offer the minimum amout ($25,000). Can the insurance company be asked to pay more or is this the most they will pay.

Last edited:

Just Blue

What is the name of your state? Texas

My grandson was killed in a auto accident. The driver hit the car my grandson was a passenger in. The driver got a DWI. The driver has no assets. The driver insurance "Liabaility Bodily Injury" was the minimum for Texas.
The ins company has offer the minimum amout ($25,000). Can the insurance company be asked to pay more or is this the most they will pay.
First let me express how very sorry I am for your loss...

The insurance company can only pay to the limits of the policy...but if you decide to sue and are awarded more you can garnish the wages of the Driver ...

Is the driver going to prison for this accident?

moburkes

If your son, or his parents, if he was a minor, had underinsured motorist coverage, PIP, or medical payments on his OWN policy, his parents need to contact his/their insurance company. If the not at fault driver of the vehicle in which he was a passenger had any of the above coverage, his parents need to contact THAT insurance company.

I, too, am sorry for your loss.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">