• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto Fire

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kelliety

Hello,

What options do I have?

My wife returned home from work a week ago and her car caught on fire and burned in my driveway.

I thought i had insurance, but I dont, and I dont know if it my fault or my insurance agents fault, and do i have any recourse?

I was insured through the Horace Mann co. in NH, when i took this policy i told the agent i wanted to insure two vehicles and my home, and he wrote the policy.

In may, I was notified that my policy was cancelled , as I had a heartattack and was a bit behind on many of my bills. so I called the Insurance co. to try and get it reinstated, but was told that couldnt be done, and a new policy would have to be written.

I again called the Insurance agent and told him the situation, and he said that since nothing had changed, he would write up a new policy, no big deal. and he did.

but he wrote up only the homeowners policy, not the auto policy.

I did not know, nor do I understand why, he did not include the auto policy,
HE EVEN GAVE ME THE HOME/AUTO GROUP DISCOUNT ON MY BILL.

when i question him as to why he only re-wrote half the policy, he has no answer and avoids the question completely.

i dont know what to do now, any advice******************************************PLEASE.

thanks for your time

Jeff

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">