• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

auto hit by uninsured motorist

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kaposvar

What is the name of your state? Louisiana
My car was parked in front of my house and the person across the street backed into my car doing $2,000 worth of damage.
at first she said she would pay for it, now shes saying she wont pay, she doesnt have insurance. I don't know what to do i cant afford to pay for a lawyer.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

kaposvar said:
What is the name of your state? Louisiana
My car was parked in front of my house and the person across the street backed into my car doing $2,000 worth of damage.
at first she said she would pay for it, now shes saying she wont pay, she doesnt have insurance. I don't know what to do i cant afford to pay for a lawyer.

My response:

File your complaint for damages in Small Claims court. When your hearing date arrives, bring pictures of the damages to your car, along with 3 estimates for its repair.

And, where is YOUR insurance company in this equation?

IAAL

A

aahlee

she doesnt have insurance either, or else the first phone call would have been to report it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">