• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto Injuries

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

haegrrl

What is the name of your state? Texas

I was in an vehicle accident a few months ago and the other person was at fault. I now have some permanent injuries in my neck (rear-ended at 45 miles per hour while sitting at a stop light) that will far exceed his policy limits. Do I have to seek an attorney? Or am I just stuck with his personal injury policy limit? Can I ask for more? My doctor bills are half of his policy limit.

Thanx

djohnson

You can always get an attorney and sue. Whether you win or not is not guaranteed. Keep in mind an attorney will also have fees.

josie1

auto injuries

what about under insured coverage on your policy? you have a right to make a claim there is primary liability coverage is not enough

haegrrl

Do you mean the other driver's uninsured policy? Because I definitely will not put it on my insurance. It's one thing I do know, 2 or more not at fault accidents within 12 months can cause your rates to increase or even cancellation. That much I do remember from working at the Texas Dept of Insurance. What if I have a non at fault accident within 1 year. I was the passenger in this vehicle, my insurance does not need to be involved at all. Thanx

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">