• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto Injuries Caused By Spouse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

huggiejackson

What is the name of your state? Kentucky

I was involved in an auto accident in the state of Kentucky. We were living in Georgia at the time. My husband was driving the vehicle and was clearly at fault. Our SUV flipped several times in the median and a semi was totaled trying to prevent running over our vehicle. I was a passenger in the vehicle along with my infant son. I sustained tremendous injuries. It's hard to tell how my son feels given that he was only 6 months old at the time. Am I able to recover any pain and suffering damages in the state of Kentucky given that my husband caused the accident? My husband and I had seperate policies with the same insurance company. We are now in the process of getting a divorce for unrelated reasons, but were living in the same household at the time of the accident. Is there anything I can do. I now reside in Indianapolis and my attorney says he's not up to speed on Kentucky law. So I've been waiting for several months to hear something from him and getting very frustrated.

C

condaggitt

Our SUV flipped several times

I just dont get it sometmes, with all the information on how easy it is to roll over a lot of SUV's when they have to make fast turns, why on earth would someone spend $20-30,000 or more on one.

Talk about Gulliable Americans!

H

huggiejackson

I don't see how your response in any way answered my question. Isn't the purpose of this website to help people and not be rude? But since you opened up the floor to being rude. Let me just clarify a few points.

1) I own a very reliable sedan. My husband owned the SUV.

2) He's over 6'3" tall and very athletically built. He feels that an SUV is more comfortable given his size....
sad, but true.

3) Since I mentioned that we were getting divorced, one could safely conclude that I obviously disagreed with many of the decisions that he made.

4) He paid well over $30,00 for his SUV ... so I guess the appropriate response for you to have made was "gullable American MEN" given that the majority of SUV owners are, indeed, men!

5) What a shame it is that you have nothing better to do with your time other than visit websites that are intended to help people and use it as a forum to behave in poor taste.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">