• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto Insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mrmicro

What is the name of your state? Florida

I requested a quote from an insurance company online, and it did not ask for my social security number. How were they able to find my credit information and is there any repricussions from this. By not giving them my social #, I didn't think they were actually going to pull information.

ecmst12

There are lots of ways for them to pull information, not just SS. And they are not bound by the quote they gave you; if they get your driving record after you sign up and discover they rated you wrong, they have 60 days to correct the rates. Trying to be deceitful isn't going to work nor help you in the long run.

mrmicro

I wasnt trying to be deceitful, I was just trying to get a fast simple quote. And since it didnt ask for my SSN, I assumed it was not going to pull any kind of credit report. I have enough problems with credit right now, I didnt need/want them to pull a report just to get a simple quote. I didn't realize they could pull it with just my name. Seems a little fishy to me.

ecmst12

It is a fast quote, it's not necessarily the FINAL quote either. Read the fine print at the bottom of the page. When you actually apply and fill out all the details about yourself and it goes to underwriting you will get your "official" quote. The one you got was just based on your age/sex/location/vehicle.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I wasnt trying to be deceitful, I was just trying to get a fast simple quote. And since it didnt ask for my SSN, I assumed it was not going to pull any kind of credit report. I have enough problems with credit right now, I didnt need/want them to pull a report just to get a simple quote. I didn't realize they could pull it with just my name. Seems a little fishy to me.
They will not pull your report without your social security #

tammy8

A lot of insurance company programs can pull an insurance financial score without your SS#.

From what I understand (and have read on most websites that you request a quick quote from where your insurance financial score can be found) it is not a hard pull and no one sees the score.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">