• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto insurance claim denied

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

alanacamm

I am from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and I was recently involved in an auto accident. The other driver has state farm inusurance. State Farm denied my claim because I was in a left hand turning lane and they say that almost automatically means I was at fault. My car was at a complete stop when this other driver swerved into my lane and hit me head on. I have two witnesses that for some reason were not on the police report. And the other reason they are denying the claim is because of their opinion of where the point of impact was. I have two licensed auto mechanics that say the point of impact occured on the front of my car. But the insurance agent that was only looking at pictures say it occured on the passenger side front. I don't know what my next step should be.

Were the witnesses independant? If they were in your car the are not and as such have little value. If they are idependant then have them write out what they saw and submit them with proof of where the impact was. An estimate of the damages from your body shop or a meeting between your mechanic and State Farms appraiser.

If they don't budge take them to court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">