• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

auto insurance compensation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

luisar

I was on my way to military duty for the California Army National Guard one evening, when I was rear-ended by a '94 Mustang. Being late for duty, I collected the other driver's information and gave him mine. No Police were called for the accident, since there were no injuries. Having performed my duty on the week-end, I was unable to obtain an estimate for the repairs on my car. The following Monday I found that the damages amounted to over $2200! When I contacted the other driver's insurance company regarding the accident, I was asked which Body Shop I was planning to use. I told the agent that I did not immediately have the name, and I would contact her later. Over 5 weeks have passed, and I have been unable to resolve this problem. Since the accident, the engine in my car has 'died,' which has convinced me to scrap the car. My question is, 'What are my rights to collect the liability from the insurance at this point in time?' Am I entitled to the amount the Body Shop estimated, or am I under the scrutiny of the at-fault insurance company?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">