• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

auto insurance covered/exclusions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

ratdoga

California-i was in a accident. I came around a blind curve,on a hill at 10:30 at night came face on with a deer, my truck was rolled on its sideand slid down the road and all of the equipment i had in the back of the truck (which was my brother inlaws, i just picked it up to take to my home to use) was in the road and cow fields. this is a dark small town area..my insuance totaled my 4x4 truck, but said the equpiment in the back is not cover, it is covered under house ins. I tolded them we do not have house insuance and he said that it is still not cover. I asked where i would find this in my policy and he said..under exclusions..I did not agree with him. the excluseion reads..
A. We do not provide liability coverage for any person:
1. who intentionally causes bodily injury or property damage
2. for property damage to property owned or being transported by that person
3. for property damage to property a:rented to b:used by or c: in the care of that person
this exclusion (A#) does not apply to property damage to a residence or privat garage.

I told him that it seems to read like if the person who intentionally causes bodily injury or property damage..this applies to.. I was told i was reading it wrong and that it applies to all not just to (ANY PERSON WHO INTENTIONALLY CAUSES BODILY INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE)that A1,A2,A3 is not conected. I tolded him this was not my property and that I would be resonable for the cost, he said yes. does this sound right. I can not seem to find any questions or answers anywhere on the web or state info. thank you

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

The adjuster is correct; you are reading the policy incorrectly. However, to further explain it to you, and why you're wrong, would require English 101 and English Composition classes - - something we can't do for you on these Boards.

It may be useful to you to obtain a consultation with an attorney near you who specializes in Insurance law. That way it can be orally explained to you.

Good luck to you.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">