• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto Insurance estimate?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

taud

My car was parked on the side of the road, in bloomington, MN. There was no one in the car at the time it was hit. I had notified my insurance company of the accident the day after as it was hit in the evening. The kid who hit my car originally wanted to pay for the damages, I went to Lamettry Auto Body, nad had a estimate done, there estimate was 1577.93. I brought this estimate to the person who hit my car, and he stated that he was unable to pay that amount and to go to his insurance company. I went to his insurance company, and an adjuster looked at the car today while I was in Parent/teacher conferences, he left an estimate under my wiper blade. His estimate is for 724.43. My wife and I are wanting to trade the car in, and want the amount to compensate the damage that was done to the car. Is his insurance companies estimate out of line? I have called the adjuster and notified him not to cut a check for this amount, because I would like to talk to him about it before I do this. Should I accept this offer, or I should I close the claim with his insurance company and go through my own?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">