• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto insurance quesion

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stong

What is the name of your state? TX

I was involved in an auto accident back in California 2004. Just a few months ago I had received a letter from the a lawer representing the other party. Now the question is since I have moved to Texas and was planning to switch my insurance, should i renew my old policy with my current insurance carrier, which is handlign the law suit, or wait until the suit is settled? What if i decide to sell the car and cancel the insurance instead of keeping it? (trying to save as much money as i can because i will be a father soon) Would that affects the law suit in any way? Some friends are telling me not to drop the insurance because they might stop representing me if i either cancel or switch my car insurance.

Thanks!

stong said:
What is the name of your state? TX

I was involved in an auto accident back in California 2004. Just a few months ago I had received a letter from the a lawer representing the other party. Now the question is since I have moved to Texas and was planning to switch my insurance, should i renew my old policy with my current insurance carrier, which is handlign the law suit, or wait until the suit is settled? What if i decide to sell the car and cancel the insurance instead of keeping it? (trying to save as much money as i can because i will be a father soon) Would that affects the law suit in any way? Some friends are telling me not to drop the insurance because they might stop representing me if i either cancel or switch my car insurance.

Thanks!
It makes no difference whether you switch carriers. The insurance you had at the time of the accident will handle the case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">