• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto Insurance Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

LCinTX

What is the name of your state? Texas
This is a little confussing to me. My niece and her boyfriend went out with another couple. They were in an accident on the way home. The guy they were with rearended and eighteen wheeler, killing my nieces boyfriend, and she and the other couple were seriously injured. The insurance company said this guy was not allowed on the insurance, so they aren't going to pay for any damages. How can this be? If there is insurance, shouldn't they have to at least pay damages for the other 3? All those involved were told to file with their own auto insurance companies, wouldn't this affect their insurance, even if it wasn't their fault, if they were to claim on theirs? I can understand them refusing to pay for him, but the others didn't know he wasn't allowed, what ever that means.
Thank you, in advance, for any responses.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">