• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

auto insurance for rental regulation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kellyhyun

i am a california resident, owner of a two vehicles.
one of the viehicle is not insured and got into an accident recently. other driver's insurnace is paying for the damages and rental, i have parked a rental vehicle front of my company and someone hitted. do not know who caused it.
filed the report and took it back to the rental office.
however, my insurance co. states that they will not pay the damages for the rental vehicle due to the fact that my insurance did not include the other vehicle which they are stating that it is not their responsibility.
i thought that whether i have rented a vehicle for another vehicle which does not cover by my insurance co. but i was the driver in that rental car, so my insurance co should cover the damages right?

racer72

Read your policy. It most likely states that they will cover rental cars when your insured car is not operational or if you rent a car while on business or vacation more than 30 miles from your home. Because the rental was a replacement for a vehicle that was not insured, your insurance company does not have to provide insurance for it. You may wish to contact the insurance company that is paying for the rental and see if they are providing insurance on the vehicle.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">