• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

auto purchase

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

voomyster

I have purchase a vehicle from a Tote the Note Lot, I know but anyway, signed contract on the word of the salesman to fix all repairs, they kept car for two weeks returned the vehicle unfixed. Then kept a week and only repaired the door. I want out of this contract with my down payment back had the car a little over 30 days from the date of purchase, physically had only 2 weeks, can I do this cause they won't even give me another car?
The Transmission is going out, and alot of things are going wrong with this car, said they would repair now could careless....

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

voomyster said:
I have purchase a vehicle from a Tote the Note Lot, I know but anyway, signed contract on the word of the salesman to fix all repairs, they kept car for two weeks returned the vehicle unfixed. Then kept a week and only repaired the door. I want out of this contract with my down payment back had the car a little over 30 days from the date of purchase, physically had only 2 weeks, can I do this cause they won't even give me another car?
The Transmission is going out, and alot of things are going wrong with this car, said they would repair now could careless....
My response:

You bought a car. Period.

Your errors :

1. You believed a car salesman.

2. You believed a car salesman.

3. You didn't get the agreement for repairs in writing.

4. You didn't have the car inspected by your own mechanic.

You bought a car. Period.

IAAL

TCB4U2B2B

In My Opinion:

Hello voomyster

Unfortunately, as I AM ALWAYS LIABLE stated, you bought a car. However, if it would help any, you could file a complaint with the Bureau Of Automotive Affairs in your state.

The idea here would be to help draw attention to the car dealer, by the state agency, if enough complaints where filed. Often times this action on your part alone could bring the dealer to his senses and deal more fairly with you.

In the long run, actions like filling complaints are often overlooked by customers. Thereby allowing shady dealers to deal with unsuspecting and unknowing customers, who can and do get taken.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">