• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto Rental Company Liability

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

Little170

What is the name of your state? IL

I was involved in an automobile accident in oct of this year. The other driver was "at fault", she was driving a rental vehicle. My insurance policy had lapsed due to financial strains my family has been facing. The other driver's "personal insurance" had lapsed, what forms of insurance would the rental company have, and what would they be liable for? My car was totaled, and the estimates have been in excess of $13,000. I was also seriously injured in the accident, have lost 3 months of wages, since I've been on medical leave from work. Any and all help would be GREATLY appreciated! THANKS!

HomeGuru

Little170 said:
What is the name of your state? IL

I was involved in an automobile accident in oct of this year. The other driver was "at fault", she was driving a rental vehicle. My insurance policy had lapsed due to financial strains my family has been facing. The other driver's "personal insurance" had lapsed, what forms of insurance would the rental company have, and what would they be liable for? My car was totaled, and the estimates have been in excess of $13,000. I was also seriously injured in the accident, have lost 3 months of wages, since I've been on medical leave from work. Any and all help would be GREATLY appreciated! THANKS!

**A: you should have hired a personal injury attorney 3 months ago. It is not too late. Hire one before the year is over.

L

Little170

I do have a personal injury attorney, handling my personal injuries, not my property damage. I need to know about my car, it is totalled. Thank you!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">