• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto Repair.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

phil286

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? California

I was in an auto accident in June 2002. Other driver was at fault, and their insurance agreed to pay for the repair on my car.
My insurance took car of the initial repairs, and then subrogated the claim to the other carrier.
It took them 2 months to repair the car, due to a few factors, such as availablility of parts, and my insurance dragging its feet a little....
The repairs to the body work were completed, with a structural member being replaced. No engine work was done.

Now, 3.5 months after I get my car back, I am noticing a few things that were not an issue before the accident.
Namely that I have developed a leak from the oil pan, my hydraulic clutch has a leak at one of the seals, and that my power steering is leaking.
I would not have noticed this except that my power steering hose runs over the alternator, and the leak has shorted my electrical system...promting me to take the car in.

I have been trying to get my insurance company to pay for the repairs, as they are a result of the impact to my car (leaks are on the side I was hit), but the insurance company is declining to pay, stating that they are not accident related.

The shop the car is at states that these could very well be a result of the impact, as the oil, clutch, and PS fluid leak seem to have appeared within the last few months.

I am paying for the bare minimum repairs myself (power steering, and alternator), in order to get the car in a drivable condition, but the oil leak and hydraulic clutch will need to be addressed as well, soon.

I will be appealing this decision with the insurance company with documentation (mechanics letter) showing that this is likely the result of the impact, witrh the insurance appraiser/adjuster.

The car is a 1991 Nissan 300z with 120k miles.
purchased 2 years ago in perfect condition, and no problems untill after the accident. Less than 300 miles put on car after repair...
any advice on how I should pursue this ? Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">