• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

auto shop problems

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

noblebard

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Illinios
On august 23 i was in an car accident. I had the car towed to the towe place because my car was not drivable. My insurance company sent my car to the closest work shop. Where on September 3 the shop was atherised to repair my car. The shop told me that it will be done by September 20th. I called them to see if it was ready and what a suprise it was not thay told me that it they still needed to do a wheele alighnment, charge the ac, and that the air bag light will not go off. The air bags never went off because my bumper went under the other car and did not triger the sensors to go off. The shop told be that it will be down tomarrow. I call to see if my car was down and they said that they had ordered the wrong part so it wont be done till tomarrow. So I called back the next day and they told me that its not done that the air bag light is still on. Once agian thay said tomarrow thay would have some work on it till its done. Called them the next night and they told me they still have not fixed the problem. Monday I called my insurance company but got the vice recorder. It said to leave your name claim number... and if the call was placed before 3:00pm central time that the person will call back that day. I did not here from them till the next day at 11:00 am central time and complaned that the shop keeps telling me that itll be ready tomarrow. My rep said that thay cant do anything it up to the shop to fix it also if i have any more problem to let here know. I called the shop to see if my car was ready and it wasnt. So i called my insurance rep back in the morning and told her that i'm still geting the tomarrow answer to when my car will be fixed. So put me on hold and called the shop and they told her then she told me that it'll be done that night. I called thursday 30th to see if it was fixed and thay told me thay called the insurance company telling them that the air bag light was big problem and asked them what to do. The insurance company told them to take to the closest ford dealership and have them look at it. Mined you that this is a bran new car purchased on june 1st. So i'm still making payments on it.
Is there any thing I could legaly because of the time its taken the shop took to fix my car which thay told me it'll be done on September 20 and from then on being tolld it'll be done tomarrow and yet I stell don't have a car and i dont know how long int'll be before i get it back. And just turned October.

teflon_jones

There's not too much you can do about this beyond file a complaint with the BBB. You can also continue to harass the shop.

By the way, the normal procedure for resetting the airbag light is to take it to a dealer, plug it into their diagnostic computer, and reset it. It's standard practice. On many cars that have been in accidents, the airbag light will go off because the battery gets disconnected for an extended period of time while the body shop fixes the car. It has nothing to do with the accident! But I don't know if this is the case for you, or if the light was on after the accident. Either way, it only takes 5 minutes for a dealer to fix. If this is the only thing remaining to fix on your car, you can always just pick it up and take it to a dealer yourself. They'll usually charge an hour of labor to reset it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">