• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto Warranty

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pal240

Hi guys,
I need advice on this issue with my auto warranty company.

I bought the car from the dealer in August 2007, I took the external warrant from outside.
I had a accident 5 weeks back which is minor one ,One of my rear wheel went over the rock (while coming out of parking garrage ) due to that my rear aixle bent, so I claimed insurance from my insurance company. every things went well.After getting my car from autobody shop , I saw some jerks while driving so i went back to autobody shop, they told me that it is not realted with accident.i went to VW dealer
to check up and we found that control modulator in Transmission is burnt , which cost 1800 dollars. Vw dealer sent estimate to my Auto warranty company but my auto warranty comaony refused to take a claim and they are saying it is related with accident but the fact is that not related with accident. I did not have a car from 15 days.

Should i go to Consumer court/BBB? Any suggestions?

Thanks
pal

FlyingRon

That must be one hell of a rock to bend the axle (either that or VW's have gotten really crappy over time). What makes you think that whatever you did to damage the axle didn't also break the transmission?

Your probably best advice is to get the transmission fixed and then pursue claims on the insurance/warranty as appropriate. Yes you can try small claims but I'd escalate with the insurance and warranty companies first.

The BBB is a complete waste of time.

ecmst12

You could try sending the warrenty people the letter from the insurance company stating the transmission damage is not due to the accident.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">