• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

autodamage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lollysmith

what is the law and or code number to this question in california. if a rock comes off a construction truck on a freeway and cracks my windshield are they liable.there was no sign on the truck saying not liable for broken windshields. the company is denying me and i need to know so i can fight to get this fixed.help

racer72

Unless you can prove the trucking company was negligent, you will have to pay. Did the rock come from the load or was it thrown up by a tire? If the rock came from a load of dirt or gravel, contact the law enforcement agency that has jurisdiction over the road you were traveling on. You will need a description of the truck with license number. It is illegal for trucks to not secure there loads. But doing all of this may not be enough. I would just make a claim with my insurance company (that is what comprehensive insurance is for) and have the windshield replaced. Most insurance companies waive the deductable for this type of damage.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">