• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Autombile Insurance Liability

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jklein3646

What is the name of your state? New York.

Despite my request, a neighbor insists upon parking on a public street opposite my driveway. Since my driveway is a steep one, I am concerned that my car could slide down the driveway in bad weather, or worse yet - if I encounter brake problems - hit their car. If this should happen, would they also be at fault? Should I formally request (ie., via registered mail) that they do not park there? Will this notification absolve me of some (or all) blame if the neighbor continues to park his cars in this location and I were to accidentally hit his car?

Please advise.

stephenk

is it legal for him to park at that place? If yes, then you cant force him to move or excuse your liability if your car slides down the driveway or you run into the car while backing out.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">