• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Automobile Accident while on the clock

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tamifree

Yesterday I was an accident while returning from a bank run on company time. I was driving my own vehicle and was struck before I made it back to work. Since I was on the clock and not provided a company vehicle, is my employer responsible for the damages?

Note: I work for a major corporation and at no time signed a contract waiving liability for my vehicle.

racer72

I noticed you took the time to delete the preinstalled phrase "what is the name of your state". As the bright red letters above state, laws vary from state to state, and this makes a big difference in the answer you may receive.

Last edited:
M

mztrgutz

in ohio you could file for workers comp and collect twice---even if you got hit on the way to work or returning home----but has to be within time liimit driving time

HomeGuru

mztrgutz said:
in ohio you could file for workers comp and collect twice---even if you got hit on the way to work or returning home----but has to be within time liimit driving time
**A: and what would it be in Alaska, Wisconsin and South Dakota?
Good grief, we still do not know the writer's state and we get a response pertaining to Ohio.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">