• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Automobile Damage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Chad Barefoot

Recently I was at a stop light and a car in front of me was stopped on a large pile of rocks that had been put out by the state. When this car took off they intentionally slung rocks up onto my hood and windshield. The rocks caused nicks in my paint and small cracks in my windshield. I followed the car and wrote down the license plate number. I called the police to file a report. The police officer said there was nothing I could do since the person was not hauling the rocks. I find this hard to believe. Can someone confirm this information.

Thanks, (I live in North Carolina)

racer72

That is what the comprehensive part of your car insurance is for. A truck throw a rock through the windshield of a car my wife was driving. Called the state patrol with the truck company's name and license number. Because the rock came from the road and not from the truck load, there was nothing that could be done. Called my insurance company, they said no problem and replaced the windshield. Didn't affect my rates either, they called it typical road hazard.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">