• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

automobile wreck

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

waakool47

undefinedWhat is the name of your state?
State of Georgia
Automobile wreck with cement truck. Cement truck failed to yield right of way, totaling out our 1995 S10 4 door Blazer in October 2005. State trooper wrote cement truck with failure to yield right of way. Husband was the only occupant at the time. He was not injuried other then brusing and soreness of seatbelt and foot from applying the brake. Did not seek medical attention at that time. Cement Co. Insurance took 6 days to get us a car rental. There were 4 in our family, so we had to do without for those 6 days. We had to go 25 miles to get car and return it. Husband's foot was starting to bother him, so 8 weeks later he had to go to the emergency room with it. He was given an antibiotic and had an x-ray. The insurance company wants to give us $3500.00 for our car, according to their CCV Auto Report. They do not go by the NADA Book or Kelly Blue Book Value. My car is valued at $4200.00 in the NADA Book. They want to give $700.00 for his pain and suffering and $100.00 for my lost work wages(I went to wreck, husband did not miss any work.) They did not tell me when I had to have rental back. Car rental placed many calls to insurance company as to how long they would pay, but Insurance Co. never called them back. I talked to insurance company myself and they told me to keep it until I was told to take it back. A balance of $89.00 is due and they will not pay that. Can we still turn in the hospital bill with it being 8 weeks later going to hospital and isn't there some extra compensation for all the aggravation, mental stress and difference in car value do?

Thank-you,

[email protected]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">